Journal Profile and Focus
) journal is a peer-reviewed journal focused on the didactics of natural sciences. Its aim is to contribute to the quality of the educational process in Czech schools and serve as a platform for solving practical and theoretical problems related to science education. It publishes original, unpublished articles of the following types:
- Theoretical studies focused on the field of didactics
- Historical studies on the development of science and education
- Review studies summarizing didactic topics in a broader context
- Methodological studies on existing and new methods and organizational forms of science education
- Empirical Science Research Studies
- Information articles on new perspectives on teaching selected topics in each subject
- Suggestions for outdoor and indoor school activities
In addition to original articles, the journal also publishes book reviews, news and short reports.
The journal was founded by a Czech educator, Dr. Miroslav Fendrych as the first didactic journal focused on natural sciences Přírodověda a výchova in 1947. From 1950 it continued as the journal Přírodní vědy ve škole until 1989. In 1991, its publication was restarted by SPN a.s. under the name Biologie-Chemie-Zeměpis. Since 2017 it has been published under this, unchanged, name by the Faculty of Education, Charles University.
Is indexed in Erih+.